Facing Your First DUII? You Need To Learn About The DUII Diversion Program.
In Oregon, drivers who are facing their first DUI charge have an opportunity to avoid having a drunk driving conviction on their record. The state’s DUII diversion program allows qualifying first-time offenders to protect their driving privileges when they complete a drug or alcohol rehabilitation program.
If you have been arrested for drunk driving, contact attorney Robert L. Sepp before you agree to any plea deal or plead guilty to this offense. Attorney Sepp has nearly 20 years of criminal defense experience that he will put to work for you. He will explore all options to limiting the impact a drunk driving conviction can have on your life and may be able to help you qualify for the Oregon DUII Diversion Program.
To qualify for this program, applicants must declare that they:
- Are not facing other DUII charges in Oregon or another state
- Are not already participating in a diversion program
- Have not been convicted of a DUII offense or participated in a diversion program in the past 15 years
- Did not have a commercial driver’s license and were not driving a commercial vehicle during the alleged offense
- Fulfill other requirements on the Petitioner Sworn Statement of Eligibility
In addition to meeting these requirements, applications must file the application within 30 days of receiving the citation and must appear in court for their hearing.
Attorney Sepp has a deep understanding of the program’s requirements and the procedures applicants need to follow. He can help you navigate the process so that you can avoid having this mark on your record.
Completing The Program
Qualifying for the program is only the first step in a series of requirements. To complete the program, applicants will need to:
- Pay fees for the court filing, an assessment and program administration
- Undergo an alcohol or drug abuse evaluation
- Complete and pay for the drug or alcohol abuse program
- Attend and pay for a victim’s impact panel
- Agree to abstain from using intoxicating substances
- Update contact information, which includes residential address
Many requirements and fees are attached to this program. However, successfully completing this program can help you protect your driving privileges, prevent your car insurance rates from skyrocketing and keep your job options open. Having a DUII conviction on your record can have severe repercussions years after you serve your time and pay your fine.
You owe it to yourself to learn more about Oregon’s DUII diversion program. Attorney Robert L. Sepp is ready to help.
Consult With An Experienced Drunk Driving Lawyer Today
You may qualify for a free consultation with attorney Sepp, and learn whether this is an option you should consider. You can reach Robert L. Sepp, Attorney at Law, via email or over the phone at 503-388-5382.
Located in West Linn, Robert L. Sepp, Attorney at Law is proud to represent clients in the Portland metro area, Willamette Valley, Oregon Coast, Bend, Medford, Eugene and throughout the entire state of Oregon.