Robert L. Sepp | Attorney at Law
Get A Strong Legal Ally
In Your Corner
  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Immigration
  4.  — 
  5. Visa Petitions
  6.  — U Visas

U Visas

Serving All Of Oregon – Portland – Beaverton – Gresham

If you currently reside in the United States, are undocumented and you or a family member are or have been a victim of a violent crime, or other criminal activity, you may qualify for a U Visa. If you or someone you know may be eligible for a U Visa in Oregon or SW Washington, call Robert Sepp to help you with the U Visa application and legal proceedings. Robert Sepp is determined to help undocumented persons who are victims of violent crimes resolve immigration issues.

Robert’s extensive knowledge and experience in effectively resolving immigration issues make him the ideal choice for an immigration law attorney in Oregon and SW Washington. Furthermore, Robert has vast experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, enabling him to be sensitive to cultural issues and language barriers that may arise during immigration proceedings.


What Is A U Visa?

The U Visa is available to undocumented persons who are victims of violent crimes and other criminal activity, in exchange for actively helping authorities prosecute criminals located in the United States and US territories. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), was passed in 2006 and allows immigrants that are victims of violence, including battered spouses and abused children, the opportunity to apply for permanent residency. If you are granted a U Visa, you will be given temporary legal status in the United States with the opportunity to file for Lawful Permanent Residency (LPR). Additionally, immediate family members can apply for U Visas together, however, there are special requirements within that process.

Am I Eligible For A U Visa?

According to 8 U.S.Code § 1101(a)(15)(U)(i)(I), the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has established the following eligibility requirements for the U Visa and they include:

Being a victim of violence or criminal activity in the United States or US Territories

Abusive Sexual Contact
Domestic Violence
False Imprisonment
Female Genital Mutilation
Felonious Assault

Fraud in Foreign Labor

Involuntary Servitude
Obstruction of Justice
Sexual Assault
Sexual Exploitation
Slave Trade
Witness Tampering
Unlawful Criminal Restraint

Other Related Crimes include any similar activity where the elements of the crime are substantially similar. It also includes attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the above and other related crimes.

  • Significant physical or mental abuse from criminal activity
  • Cooperation with authorities in prosecuting the criminal activity including providing evidence that the crimes occurred.

Additional Immigration Attorney Information

Robert Sepp is a seasoned immigration attorney that is committed to helping undocumented victims of crime obtain legal status in the United States. Robert has the ability to get official documentation from federal, state or local law enforcement agencies that are actively pursuing the criminal to ensure your best chance at being granted a U Visa. If you are granted a U Visa you may remain in the United States for up to four years. If you would like to begin the U Visa application process, call Robert Sepp at 503-388-5382 today!

Located in West Linn, Robert L. Sepp, Attorney at Law is proud to represent clients in the Portland metro area, Willamette Valley, Oregon Coast, Bend, Medford, Eugene and throughout the entire state of Oregon.